Physiotherapy with Activate Health
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapists are experts in the structure of the human body and its movement. They work with people of all ages to treat a broad range of health conditions including sports injuries and musculoskeletal conditions as well as chronic health conditions such as diabetes, obesity, osteoarthritis and stroke. Physiotherapists are involved in the assessment, diagnosis, planning and management of patient care.
Physiotherapists help you get the most out of life. They help you recover from injury, reduce pain and stiffness, increase mobility and prevent further injury. They listen to your needs to tailor a treatment specific to your condition. As first contact practitioners, you don’t need a doctor’s referral to see a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists, doctors, and other health professionals will often work as part of a team to plan and manage treatment for a specific condition.
The following are common treatment methods used by our physiotherapists:
- Exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles
- Joint manipulation and mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
- Muscle re-education to improve control
- Airway clearance techniques and breathing exercises
- Soft tissue mobilisation (massage)
- Acupuncture and dry needling
- Assistance with use of aids, splints, crutches, walking sticks and wheelchairs to help with mobility
- Vestibular and Neurological Physiotherapy
Activate Health Physiotherapy Services
- Injury rehabilitation and pain management
- increased performance for ADL’s, work, or sport
- Pre and Post operative readiness and rehabilitation
- neurological, spinal and postural conditions
- Paediatric physiotherapy
How to access our Physiotherapy services
Private Paying (also includes most private health funds): You don’t need a doctor’s referral to see a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists, doctors, and other health professionals will often work as part of a team to plan and manage treatment for a specific condition.
Bulk billing via Medicare: Your Doctor can refer you through a Chronic Disease Care plan
Work cover, Insurance, and CTP
My Aged Care Packages
5/287 Richardson Rd, Kawana
2 Braithwaite st
3/24 Hill St
Mount Morgan Hospital