Activ Play (NDIS Early Intervention ages 2-7)
We offer paediatric Exercise Physiology services in an inviting exercise space, where your child can feel comfortable and have fun! We aim to provide the best outcomes for your child through the use of play-based exercise. Activate Health offers in-clinic individual session, group exercise sessions, home visits or hydrotherapy, dependent on your child’s needs. Exercise Physiology interventions can provide many benefits for children aged 2 – 7, this includes:
- Improved gross motor skills such as balance, strength, postural endurance, coordination, running speed and agility.
- Improved social interaction and practice desired behaviours for play with peers e.g. turn taking, learning to win or lose, following game rules.
- Improved emotional regulation, confidence and relationship with movement activities.
Exercise Physiologists assist in enhancing your child’s development for those with neurodevelopmental conditions. This includes conditions such as:
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Attention deficit disorder (ADHD)
- Intellectual disabilities
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental coordination disorder
- Global developmental delay
Early intervention is key to enhancing your child’s functional capacity and has shown favourable impacts through adolescence and in the transition to adulthood. Specifically, Early intervention has demonstrated significant benefits in at least one of the following domains:
- Cognition and academic achievement
- Behaviour and emotional competencies
- Educational progression and attainment
- Physical health
- Assist in strengthening parenting practices and family functioning
To gain the above benefits of early childhood interventions through the use of exercise/game-based play, please contact Activate Health on 07 4939 5696
Activ Play Kindy uplift program
ACTIV PLAY Kindy is an education and group movement program facilitated by Accredited Exercise Physiologists. The purpose of the program is to enhance kindergarten educators’ exercise facilitation to target childhood development in an inclusive and engaging manner.
As Exercise Physiologists, we are equipped with the knowledge and skills to use exercise interventions to help manage chronic disease, disability and injuries, enhance health and improve physical performance. This specialised knowledge allows Exercise Physiologists to educate on using exercise as a tool to enhance childhood development
ACTIV PLAY Kindy Meets all 5 Kindy UPLIFT funding priorities:
- Social and emotional capability
- Thinking and responding
- Oral language and communication
- Access and inclusion
ACTIV Play Kindy has been aligned with Queensland kindergarten learning guidelines. This program provides opportunities for holistic learning across the five learning and development areas: identity, connectedness, wellbeing, active learning and communication.
Please do not hesitate to contact Activate Health on 07 4939 5696 to book your kindergarten in for the school term!
5/287 Richardson Rd, Kawana
2 Braithwaite st
3/24 Hill St
Mount Morgan Hospital