What is Exercise Physiology?
Every day Accredited Exercise Physiologist’s are working with people and groups from a hospital rehabilitation setting, right up to improved Sports Performance in Elite Athletes and everything in between. We are here to help you!
Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are nationally accredited 4-year university qualified allied health professionals who specialize in musculoskeletal assessment and the delivery of exercise, lifestyle and behavioural modification programs for the prevention and management of chronic disease and musculoskeletal injuries.
AEPs provide physical activity, education, self-management and behaviour modification advice for clients with a wide range of musculoskeletal injuries and for clients with chronic conditions such as:
- Obesity and Weight Management
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Chronic Pain and Fatigue
- Falls Prevention
- Osteoporosis and Arthritis
- Cancer Management
- Mental Health Conditions such as Depression and Anxiety
- Respiratory Conditions such as Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Neuromuscular Diseases such as Parkinson’s, Motor Neuron Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy and Muscles Dystrophy
- Pre- and Post-Surgical Rehabilitation (Pre-Hab) for Joints such as Spine, Knee, Hip and Shoulder
- Auto-Immune Disorders Limiting Function and Mobility
AEPs are committed to providing outcome focused and individualised exercise and education services. We will liaise closely with your doctor and other medical or allied health professionals involved in your treatment to improve your condition as effectively as possible.
AEPs are internationally recognized as allied health professionals and in Australia are eligible to register with Medicare, Department of Veteran Affairs and with a number of the major private health insurers. At a state level, AEPs are able to provide services under the various Workers’ Compensation schemes and Compulsory Third Party Insurance schemes.
5/16 Blanchard st, Berserker
2 Braithwaite st
Emu Park Gym and Swim